Before You Begin
- If your design has been rolled up, place it on a flat surface for a few hours until the design has flattened out.
- Let your design rest in the room it is to be placed, to allow the adhesive to adjust to the temperature.
- For large designs, two people will be required to ensure trouble free application.
- When you are ready to apply the design, turn the design upside down on a flat surface and firmly rub over the back.
- Ensure the surface that you wish to apply the design to is smooth, clean & dry.
- Newly painted walls should be left for at least 3 weeks & newly plastered walls for 6 weeks.
Think of your vinyl design sheet in 3D
Your wall art arrives as a pre-spaced design made up of three layers … (1) the top layer – or application tape (through which you can see the design) (2) the middle layer – which is the vinyl design and (3) the bottom layer – or waxed backing paper.
POSITION YOUR DESIGN
Position your vinyl sheet on the wall, centering the design, and securing it with masking or painting tape. (The tape acts as a hinge for the project.) You can see the design through its clear top layer.
REMOVE THE BACKING
Flip the sheet upward and slowly peel off the bottom layer. Let the design rest on the clear top layer. (If the design wants to stick to the backing, slowly manipulate the backing to help the design stick to the top layer.)
RUB THE DESIGN ONTO THE WALL
Use some kind of hard but gentle edge like a credit card, or plastic scraper, and firmly rub over the clear top layer to secure the design to your wall. Work from the centre out on both sides letting the edge act as a squeegee over the design.
PEEL OFF THE TRANSFER TAPE
Then, carefully peel off the sticky top layer to reveal your design.
REMOVAL: When it comes time to remove your vinyl design, remember that the heat of a blow dryer will soften the vinyl and make it easier to peel off.